Every day presents an opportunity for reflection. This is especially true at the end or beginning of a new year or when we experience change in our lives.
Change of year, season, or life experience brings a mix of emotions. On the one hand, we may feel grateful for the blessings in our life, and at the same time we may also be feeling the sting of missing the mark on certain goals and dreams. Where are you sitting right now? I hear you if you are like me, a mix of both!
So, how do we navigate our feelings and results without knocking ourselves off course for the NEW CHAPTER that is calling to us?
How do we honestly feel our emotions and use them to guide us into even more alignment for who we desire to be and what we desire to achieve? I have an answer.
Here is a reflection ritual you can do to bring closure to any period in your life with grace, honesty, compassion, and joy. By doing this inner reflection, you will breathe renewed energy into your Radiant Life!
- Give yourself uninterrupted time and space. Get in a cozy, safe, nurturing environment. Soft music or a candle are a nice added touch!
- Take a few deep breaths and tap into how you are feeling. No need to judge what you are feeling, but simply acknowledge and be present with whatever is there.
- Set the intention that this reflection time is a gift for you to harvest all you have achieved and learned and to have closure with what did not get done.
- Pull out your journal or a note on your phone and write your achievement list. This is a list of everything big and small that you achieved for the time frame you are reflecting on (year, quarter, or after a change) whether it was part of your goal/intention list or not. Nothing is too small to note!
- Write out your lessons learned – where were those core Ahas, problems, obstacles, or lessons that you faced and worked through, and what was a key nugget you learned as a result? What did you change in your life as a result of this lesson?
- Write out how YOU changed who you were being – what new beliefs did you adopt? What old conditioning did you release? What qualities did you see yourself expressing more? What healing did you experience? This is an important reflection area. Take a microscope and really acknowledge all the ways you have grown, changed, and shifted in ways you are proud of!
- Now, step back from all this and contemplate where you are today due to all these things. Sit with all you have written. Breathe a few deep breaths as you contemplate all this! WOW!!! What are you feeling now? Write down any new insights you receive.
Lastly, have a conversation with yourself about what you learned/see/know:
You get to parent yourself here. What do you most need to hear?
What encouragement can you give yourself? What do you see about yourself that you can acknowledge and appreciate? Feel free to speak this out loud!
- Based on what you learned here, what are ONE or TWO changes you desire to make for the new chapter/year/phase? You are not making a new vision yet, simply gleaning your insights.
- Sit in stillness for as long as you desire to let all this integrate and settle into your being.
- When you feel complete, stand up and shake your body! Give yourself a big hug and thank yourself for taking time to reflect, regroup and realign! Shout out a “woot woot” or do a toast to yourself! Move this completed energy out and make space for your next level of life.
Congratulations on going through this deep reflection ritual! What was most meaningful to you? What Ahas did you receive? What are you most proud of about yourself? I’d love to hear! Simply post a comment below.